Helps students of all ages and abilities to learn English
Words and Sentences also helps those with specific learning difficulties to learn English, such as dyslexia. Students receive comprehension practice and learn to understand words in the context of a sentence.
The 15 different activities, such as Right or Wrong, A/An, Build a Sentence and Yes or No, have full speech support.
- Right or Wrong?
- Who am I? I can swim in a pond. I am a ....?
- A/An A cat, an anchor.....
- Follow the instruction!
- Build a sentence!
- Yes or No?
- One or More? One watch, two watches....
- Right sentence to the picture
- Which word does not belong?
- Choose the correct ending for the sentence The camel loves to be in the dessert / desert?
- Which word matches the picture?
- Word hunt Find the word! Work under pressure!
- Crossword Match a sentence with a word.
- Which Word?
For each part of the program there is an editor, so you can add your own pictures, words, sentences and speech
- A demonstration copy of Words and Sentences is available from the Shiny Learning website. Please note the downloaded 'WASDemo.exe' file should be opened, which will save this file and place the icon for it on your desktop. To run the demo, double click on this icon, which will install the demo program as 'Demo - Words and Sentences' as well as 'Demo Words and Sentences Editor' as PC desktop icons. Click on the former to launch the Demo program..
Special Access: Use with one or two switches, keyboard, touch screen, eye gaze or mouse.
OS Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7,8 or 10