Please note: SwitchIt! Hygiene Extra software is downloadable software delivered via email within 2-3 days of receipt of order.
A range of switching activities including picture builds, stories and flashcards, this time on the theme of personalhygiene. The areas covered include: showering, cleaning teeth, hair care, clean clothes, foodhygiene and being well dressed. Activities are fully configurable to meet the needs of different learners.
SwitchIt!Hygiene Extra can be used in 3 different ways:
- Event Sequences- 12 little animations each based upon a simple theme such as cleaning teeth. Each sequence has 5 steps, carefully chosen to maximise speaking and listening.
- Picture Building- build pictures and see them animate, or use the one-step option for basic cause and effect.
- Flash Cards- flip through a selection of large pictures that relate to the theme.
Also included is a new Picture Menu. This will allow non-literate students to choose which story or picture they would like to play, from a selection chosen by the teacher or carer.
Learners who use switches to access a computer need a range of software in order to motivate them to develop their ability to use switches. The computer can also give them relative independence in learning new concepts. The SwitchIt! series from Inclusive Technology is designed to help switch users develop and demonstrate understanding of language concepts, as well as develop their ability to use switches.
SwitchIt!Hygiene Extra has been designed to develop and demonstrate understanding of cause and effect through pressing a switch (or other input device) to build a scene with the following options:
- Choose how many steps it will take for each scene to be completed.
- You set the length of reward after each switch press.
- Picture menu allows children to choose scenes for themselves.
Animated rewards motivate success. Settings or preferences can be saved and loaded at any time for use by a particular user.
Suitable for all ages.
Special access features: One or two switches, touch screen and IntelliKeys keyboard.
Windows and Macintosh Dual Platform CDROM
System requirements: Windows 10, 8, 7
Not compatible with Windows RT Windows RT is a version of Microsoft Windows built to run on ARM-based tablets and PCs. It works exclusively with apps available from the Windows Store.