SwitchIt! Christmas Extra can be used in 3 different ways:
- Event Sequences-12 little animations each based upon a simple theme such as decorating thechristmas tree. Each sequence has 5 steps, carefully chosen to maximise speaking and listening.
- Picture Building-build pictures and see them animate, or use the one-step option for basic cause and effect.
- Flash Cards-flip through a selection of large pictures that relate to the theme.
Also included is a new Picture Menu. This will allow non-literate students to choose which story or picture they would like to play, from a selection chosen by the teacher or carer.
Learners who use switches to access a computer need a range of software in order to motivate them to develop their ability to use switches. The computer can also give them relative independence in learning new concepts. The SwitchIt! series from Inclusive Technology is designed to help switch users develop and demonstrate understanding of language concepts, as well as develop their ability to use switches.
SwitchIt! Christmas has been designed to develop and demonstrate understanding of cause and effect through pressing a switch (or other input device) to build a scene in the following modes:
- Choose how many steps it will take for each scene to be completed.
- You set the length of reward after each switch press.
- Picture menu allows children to choose scenes for themselves.
Animated rewards motivate success. Settings, or Preferences, can be saved and loaded at any time for use by a particular user.
Suitable for all ages.
Special access features: One or two switches, touch screen or IntelliKeys keyboard.
System requirements: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, CDROM Drive
MSI Installer Included
Not compatible with Windows RT Windows RT is a version of Microsoft Windows built to run on ARM-based tablets and PCs. It works exclusively with apps available from the Windows Store.
Off-computer Activities and Resources
Opportunities should be taken to extend a child’s work with switches away from the computer and each SwitchIt! Extra title now comes complete with worksheets and resources, using characters and objects from the program.
The off-computer resources can also be helpful in checking that the child understands what they are seeing on the screen and is relating it to everyday objects.
There are also additional computer activities, to extend the learning opportunities provided by the Flash Cards, Picture Builds and Stories.
Each title has many worksheets for you to print out, including:
- Dot to dot
- Odd one out
- Fill in the missing letter
- Matching words to pictures
- Colour flash cards
- Story sequencing cards
- Colouring pages
- Number work 1 to 5
- Number lines
- ‘Talk about’ cards
- Tracking activities
- Small picture cards – for matching, memory games, sorting or lotto.