A One Handed Typing Tutor
Five Finger Typist 2.2 is a typing tutor for people who want to learn one-handed touch typing, using either the right, or left hand. It teaches the accepted keyboarding technique for single-handed touch typing on the standard (QWERTY) keyboard.
Five Finger Typist has a set of structured typing lessons which first teach the home position and then progressively introduce new keys and revise keys already learnt.
Five Finger Typist is extremely easy to use. Even a novice can become a master typist.
- Suitable for child or adult
- Opens up new communication skills - notetaking, memos, letters, computer games and applications
- Touch typing skills assist students in all levels of learning
- Touch typing skills assist adults in communication and employment
- An on-screen animated hand graphic shows the correct hand movement as keys are typed
- Either the right, or the left, hand can be chosen easily
- Lessons are graded, starting with simple exercises
- A self-paced typing program
Suitable for: Anyone, any age, who wants to learn to keyboard effectively with one hand.
Minimum System Requirements:
Hybrid CD-ROM containing Five Finger Typist v2.2 for Windows and Five Finger Typist v1.7 for Mac
- Windows®: 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 (32 bit)
- Windows 7 64 bit: Five Finger Typist can run under 64 bit Windows 7 although it is a 32 bit program. 64 bit Windows 7 comes with the WOW64 emulator and this can be used to run Five Finger Typist. An explanation of how to do this is given with the installation instructions supplied with the CDROM.
- Macintosh®: OXS 10.3 and above including OSX 10.7 ('Lion')